The Digimix Design Sprint method is an agile product design process adapted from Google Ventures. We’re able to produce user-driven designs while balancing speed and creativity.
We’ll be working closely with you throughout this iterative process, collecting research on real human behavior and incorporating it into our designs.
How it works
- Services are provided through a series of timed engagements called “Sprints.”
- Sprints begin with a collaborative planning meeting where specific goals, tasks, deliverables, timeframes and acceptance criteria for the iteration are agreed upon
- A price is for each sprint based on the amount of hours allocated to the scope of work
- A typical Sprint uses 40 hours over 2 weeks
- We follow an 5 stage design cycle, producing high resolution mockups or prototypes
- The design cycle is repeated until designs meeting the acceptance criteria are produced
- This agile process allows for rapid exploration and design iterations
This is best for a company with…
- a need for an open-ended, iterative design process
- a preference for unlimited design revisions
- a design refresh or conversion rate optimization project
- multiple stakeholder who have influence in the design acceptance criteria
- Tight time constraints in need of a fast turn around
Design Sprint Process
A design sprint is comprised of five phases; Understand, Diverge, Converge, Prototype and Test. Each phase typically lasts one day, but can be accelerated in certain cases. For you project, we will be conducting an accelerated Design Sprint, cycling through the process multiple times over 2 weeks.
We work with your team to identify three internal or external stakeholders that represent your user base. No users? We can also source demographically relevant laymen for testing.
Based on our experience, we’ll outline how we believe users will derive value from the design. Then, we’ll develop a plan to test our theories.
Our user researchers will conduct a structured user test, observing how real customers interact with a design prototype.
Our cross functional team will work together to review the results. We’ll take note of how the user derived value from the application.
Value is the key. We strategize first. We rapidly explore and sketch concepts for microcopy and interaction patterns that reinforce your product’s value proposition.
In an application, microcopy is the key to showing value. It’s a little piece of text which can bring a smile or close a sale.
We go beyond what is beautiful to craft a jaw dropping design that also supports your organization’s business objectives.
Then we code the new designs into a staging site where you and the stakeholders can take it for a live test drive.
> Repeat >>
Our 8 step process has been completed up to 15 times in a single two week Sprint.